Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Most delicious Banana cake / Banana muffin



My two boys (my hubby and my eldest son) can't get enough of this.  My mama gave this delicious banana cake/muffin recipe to me and  I just tweaked it a little bit. I would say this has been one of my family's favorite cake/snack. I've lost count on how many times I've made this cake/muffin.  Overripe bananas are best for this kind of recipe and hubby would always tease me when he sees overripe bananas in our fruit bowl "you're saving those bananas for the muffins right?" LOL!!!!It's very easy to make because there are only 8 ingredients that most probably you already have in your kitchen.
Ingredients:

3 to 4 bananas mashed
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Procedure:
1. Mix the mashed banana, sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil together. Set aside.

2. In a separate bowl, mix together baking powder, sugar, salt and flour. (sometimes I use 1/2 cup all purpose flour and 1/2 cup wheat flour).

3. Mix wet and dry ingredients all together! Pour into greased muffin tins.

4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 25 minutes. Enjoy! 

Makes 12 muffins

***You can add nuts (walnuts, almonds etc.), but most of the time I add chocolate chips 1 cup Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips or 3/4 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips and my kids really love it:))


1 comment: